Skip to main content

Sermon or Monologue

My pastor's sermon; is it a sermon or monologue?
What is a sermon? Is it the same as preaching? What does a pastor preach? His own words? If it were his own words, it would be a monologue, where no one as a say, where they are forced to listen to what a person is talking about.  A monologue is a conservation with oneself without any input or backing of outside sources like for example, an interjection or a disagreement.  No one in this world is forced to listen what they don't want to hear for this is the reason why free will exists; to do what we want to do, no matter the consequences that might follow. 
 
Pastor preaches God's word. but for what purpose? To edify, to build, to shape ones thinking. What I think or what you think is not applicable to God's will. In God's will there are no buts and no excuses; one must come out of comfort and face the reality that is life. Do you regard your time as precious and valuable? or do you just waste it like it has no purpose or end? 

The preaching of God's word is for us to put it into practice in our daily lives. If you don't, you are just wasting your time going to church on Sundays or any day of week that you go to church.  

A sermon to teach, while a monologue is to rant.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Faithfulness

As I was on my way to church, I had an accident on my bike; trying to make a turn but silly me, I put all of my weight on one handle bar and my bike got twisted. Thanks to God there were no cars behind me or it would've been more serious, I would've ended up in a hospital. God's faithfulness surpasses our own understanding; we are sinners and we the deserve the worst. I  should have ended up in the hospital for the sinner  I am;but by God's amazing grace I am still alive. I am alive for a very good reason and I haven't been faithful to God, but He still he wants to use us. What ever happens in your life, know that God permits it for a good reason; be it for you to grow strong in the Lord, to show you a lesson that He and only He can give you happiness and joy, and to mold you into a great master piece for the advancement of the Gospel. Words cannot express how I feel towards God, for the things He has done; even though I don't deserve it.

to be continue.....

Have you ever thought what life would be without God? at first life wouldn't exist, we wouldn't exist. Now God not in your life is a whole different matter. Now the question is: Have ever you ever thought how your life would be without God? Your life will be dull and without meaning, you will lose focus of the things that matter to you, which are part of your life.......this is the first post since of Feb 2.... come back later....

Empowered by God (Eph. 6:10)

    Empowered by Him, the second  in this 13 part series of my R.E.S.P.O.N.S.I.B.I.L.I.T.Y  as a Christian.     My responsibility  as a Christian is that I need to be empowered by the Holy Spirit,  I need ask to for it. How else will I succeed? How else will I be able to climb obstacles that are in my way? I need to be strong in the Lord and not faint by every little thing; everything is little when you have a God that is larger than life, when you have a God that time and space cannot contain Him, it is He who contains them.    God did not call me to be weak, He did not call me to be sorry for myself or being sorry for someone else; each of one us has potentials to do great things in life, we just need to be mindful of our positions as Christians.   Ask God to empower you so that you can do great things for him, we were bought with a great price; let the blood that was shed on Calvary mean something, because it ...